Pages

Thursday 8 March 2012

This day

What a week it's been, it's been 3 whole days since i last checked in! Sometimes life just fills your days so tight theres only room for a cup of tea in the day. Finally some peace today to just be at home and move quietly through my day with my son at my side. A lovely day it was too.


                                                       More herbs in baskets for drying.

                                                   Basil and Frankincense oils in the burner


                                        Messing up the kitchen cooking up some granola bars


Another wholefood kitchen recipe, ive altered this a little and added sunflower seeds instead of rice bubbles which i think adds beautiful colour and flavour. Half topped with chocolate chips and the other half topped with chopped dates. yummy.


More herb infusions. Today it was dandelion root, chamomile flowers, nettles and peppermint to soothe and aching tummy.


Loving wearing my apron for all my mess making and cleaning up. I can understand why housewives used to put one on first thing in the morning and wear it all day when they were cleaning. So practical, im thinking a nice 1960's style wrap apron might be on the plan for a sewing project.


                                   Tracing out an applique pattern, including 64 leaves!


The finished granola bars looking delicious. 


I should not have put these in a clear container! They just look too good. 


Finally a chicken, rosemary and tomato stew is in the oven cooking for my dinner.


Nearly done! Time for tea and to put my feet up.
Take care people xx

3 comments:

  1. Hello you have a lovely blog.
    Please could you tell me where you bought your oil burner? I've been looking for one for ages with a good size bowl.
    Thanks
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz, thanks for dropping by. I got the oil burner a few years ago from Le Reve. They do the home parties like tupperware but they do aromatherapy oils and perfume. I have had many burners over the years and agree you need a good deep bowl. A quick search shows you can still buy one here http://www.lereve.co.nz/aroma/Accessories/Botanic-Oil-Burner Good luck!

      Delete
  2. Thank you, I'll go check it out, thanks for replying.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete