Pages

Saturday 17 March 2012

starry skies and glittering eyes


"Above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you, because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." 
Roald Dahl 






When i was young i used to think stars were magical and i would stare for hours dreaming about what it all means and the secrets they contain. Actually i still do that now as an adult. So when i came to making a special quilt for my first baby i knew i wanted stars. I hope he will look at stars and dream the way i did. I hope he sees magic, possibility, wonder and joy. I hope his imagination will run wild and he will venture into the world with glittering eyes and a heart full of possibility. 
I love my little boy. xx 

3 comments:

  1. I agree. Stars are magical.

    I used to stare at them out my bedroom window when I was a kid. And now that I live in a more rural place again, so many more are visible... they're gaining magical-ness again for me. :-)

    Your quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just beautiful, both the sentiment and the quilt. What a lucky little boy.

    I remember thats one of the things I never adjusted to living in the city, not seeing the stars. Even now, if I'm ever outside at night I spend a bit of time sitting and star gazing. I don't shut my bed room curtains because the view of the stars from my bed is breath taking :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete