Pages

Wednesday 25 April 2012

Chestnut and Vine month 4




Welcome to part 4 of my chestnut and vine BOM.
Wow what a long time this month's section has taken me, just over 2 months! First i didn't have enough fabric for one section and by the time i got it i was already a month behind and then the cutting, setting and stitching of all those leaves and stems took a very long time! Applique is not my strength so i'm slow and cautious with it. Also i decided to hand stitch on all the circles after a disastrous machine stitching attempt in the first month which gave me a chance to perfect my unpicking skills. But it is finally (almost) done, just the corner circles to hand sew on yet, but that will be tomorrow night's job. But i thought it was too pretty to wait another night to share it.


Lovely isn't it? I'm enjoying it more and more every month. I can't wait to be snuggled up in bed under it. Quilting is so peaceful and rewarding. Not a cheap hobby sometimes but very enjoyable and worth the results.
Take care people xx

1 comment: