Pages

Friday 22 March 2013

Lunchboxes - Broccoli and chickpea salad

I'm still feeling very time poor around here and struggling to get everything done in a week. I need to become one of those super organising people who can whip any week into shape and get everything done. I also need to get a unicorn. Not sure which one is more likely to happen.

For the meantime i will plod along trying to get enough done to keep my house from falling apart and my family happy. So here i am tonight to share with you a quick healthy lunch from my week.
Something a little different.

Broccoli and chickpea salad 

Half a head of broccoli
1 drained tin of chickpeas
1/2 C crumbled feta
1/4 C pine nuts

Note - You can add any salad veges you have like tomatoes, chopped spinach, red onion but my cupboards were otherwise bare that day and i love a simple salad some days.

Dressing

2 T balsamic vinegar
1 t wholegrain mustard
1 finely chopped clove of garlic
1/4 C olive oil
1 t honey
pinch salt and pepper to taste

Mix together and set aside



Cut the broccoli into small florets and blanch by throwing into a pot of boiling water for 1-2 mins (depending how crunchy you like it), strain and run under cold water to cool and stop the cooking process.

Chuck in a bowl with the chickpeas and feta.


 Stir through the dressing. 


Done.

I find this is better eaten on the day it's made as the broccoli goes a little soft the next day. It's still tasty though and a good healthy lunch for busy weeks.

Have a great weekend everyone
xxx

1 comment: