Pages

Wednesday 1 August 2012

Party like you're 1








Celebrating my son's 1st birthday over the weekend reminded me of how much fun kid's parties can be. I mean tapas, wine and jazz music is all very nice but you gotta love a party with balloons, bubbles, cake and cherrios (that's a small sausage over here, not the cereal). Not to mention all the gleeful squealing and smiles from the little one's when they see the bubbles and balloons. It really is the definition of joy watching thier little faces. Like many 1 year olds Cohen was more interested in the paper and crawling around looking at everyone than presents. He was however excited to have a piece of cake and was quite grateful to crawl into his cot with his blanket at the end of the day. As i was to crawl into bed at the end of the day.

It's funny how many people said to me, ' i bet you're glad that's over with', it struck me as a bizarre idea that somehow the party was a hassle i had to work through. I can't think of anything i'd rather do than celebrate another year with my baby boy and the little family we have created. 


Thank you my baby boy, you are the light of our lives. 
xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment