Pages

Sunday 18 November 2012

Quick chicken pie for low energy days

Low energy weeks call for low energy meals and this is one of my favorites. Quick chicken pie is a great way to use up leftovers, quick to throw together, kid friendly and can be a meal in one.


Quick chicken pie

Pre-made savoury short pastry (mine was even pre-rolled which made it super fast.)
approx 2C shredded cooked chicken
250g tub sour cream
2 Tablespoon wholegrain mustard
1 teaspoon dried herbs (thyme, sage or tarragon are all delicious)
1 C cooked veges - carrots, pumpkin, kumara, beans, anything you have really.
1/2 onion, chopped finely
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 180C
Grease a pie dish and line it with the pastry.
In a bowl mix together all remaining ingredients.
Pour into pastry lined dish.
Top with pastry as desired, i usually do but ran out of pastry that night.
Heat in oven until pastry is cooked - about 25-30mins.

Eat on it's on or with a fresh salad.

It's also a nice comforting meal for when the weather is a bit cold and you need a bit of nourishing. 
I hope you'll give this one a go i'm sure it will become a firm family favorite.

xxx

2 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! We will definitely be trying this one. I use so many of your ideas with my four year old. Now I don't have to cook two meals which is so great! Thanks. Eliza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased you are enjoying some of my recipes, i try to keep them simple and yummy! much easier with little one's. I have a few more coming up your little one might enjoy too.

      Delete